- Treatment for pubic lice is simple and involves using a special cream. Our doctor will advise you on what treatment to use and how to use it.
- You apply the cream to the affected area and sometimes the whole body. Some treatments can be rinsed off after 10-15 minutes; others are left on for longer.
- To be effective, treatment needs to be repeated after 3-7 days.
- You do not need to shave off pubic or other body hair.
- You should wash your clothing, bedding and towels in a washing machine on a very hot cycle (50°C or higher) to kill the lice and avoid re-infection.
- You may want to consider having a sexual health check to make sure you do not have sexually transmitted infection.
- Your sexual partner(s) should be treated at the same time even if they do not have any symptoms.